Sam Walton Community ScholarshipThe Sam Walton community scholarship for college was discontinued in 2011. Please check out our lists of Scholarships for High School Seniors. Through 2011, over 2600 scholarships were awarded each year to high school seniors in all 50 states. Scholarship winners could receive $3000 toward a 2 or 4 year college or university in the US.
Last updated on March 11 2018 by College Financial Aid Advice.
Walmart Community Scholarship
Chico State University, California
Sam Walton Community Scholarship (now discontinued)
Walmart Scholarship for high school seniors (for Latino students)
Walmart Achievers Scholarships (for Latino students with select majors)
Walmart Dependents Scholarship Program
Walmart Employee Scholarships
Walmart Higher Reach Scholarship (for Students who left high school)
Sam Walton Community Scholarship Sam Walton community scholarship previously offered over 2,600 non-renewable $3,000 scholarships nationally every year to graduating high school seniors. Winners were selected from the pool of applicants in their state. The funds were applied to undergraduate studies at a U.S. Dept. of Education accredited 2-year or 4-year colleges and universities. (Military academies were not approved schools.)
An independent selection committee would evaluate the applications and select the winners based on the applicant’s financial needs and academic achievements.
Application Deadline: January 31 (note according to Walmart, this scholarship is no longer active for 2017, 2018 and future years). Please check out our lists of Scholarships for High School Seniors.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Legal Resident of the United States.
• Cannot be an associate employed in any division of Walmart; the dependent of a Walmart associate; or the dependent of a Walmart Board of Directors member. Other scholarships are available for employees and dependents - see Walmart ScholarshipsMust be a high school or home school senior graduating or earning a GED.
• Must have a cumulative high school grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4-point un-weighted scale,
• Must have taken either the ACT or SAT test
• Must have financial need and be able to demonstrate the need with required documents. (Note: Students with other funds that pay entirely for tuition, books, fees, and on-campus room and board are ineligible.)
Sam Walton Community Scholarship
Scholarship title: Sam Walton Community Scholarship
Applicable Majors: All Fields of Study
The Sam Walton Community Scholarship is open to high school seniors and is to be used for your freshmen year at an accredited U.S. college or university approved by the Wal-Mart Foundation. All local winners will be automatically entered into the state competition, and all state winners will be automatically entered into a national competition. Selection will be based on financial need, academic record, ACT/SAT scores, community/extracurricular involvement and work experience. Employees of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. or the children of employees of Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. are not eligible for this award.
Please visit the sponsor's Web site for additional information and entry requirements.Apply on their site
This scholarship is no longer available. Click here to view all available scholarships.