A good government and military cover letter needs to get a hiring manager interested in reading your resume. An effective government and military cover letter highlights your success as a process controls engineer or a public affairs specialist and shows the hiring manager your impressive qualifications. A government job is the gateway to an exciting career and your government and military cover letter is the key.
One of the reasons that a government and military cover letter is so respected is the variety of careers you can follow. Your government and military cover letter could highlight your skills as an air import-export agent, which is a career that pays well in the civilian sector as well. A grants administrative assistant would have an impressive government and military cover letter that shows an ability to manage finances. There is a wide variety of responsibilities that can be part of a government and military cover letter, from an auto mechanic to a chemical technician.
The minimum educational background required on any government and military cover letter is a high school diploma. In most cases, the government or military organization you belong to will enhance your education, which is information that needs to be highlighted on your government and military cover letter. Many careers associated with a government and military cover letter also require a four-year degree, such as careers in engineering and research.
The broad pay scale associated with a government and military cover letter begins at approximately $17,500 and can go beyond $87,500 per year. When it comes to advancement on a government and military cover letter, it’s up to you how far you want your career to go.
At MyPerfectCoverLetter, we understand how difficult it is to create a good government and military cover letter. That’s why we offer the government and military cover letter templates and samples you need.
The federal cover letter becomes your introduction to the recruiter. Any flaws in this letter can create a negative impression thus increasing the chances of not getting any considerations. Hence, even if you draft an exceptionally well federal resume, your cover letter makes the concern person decide whether to take a look at your resume or not.
There are several points to be considered while writing a federal cover letter. These points then include the format of your letter, distribution of paragraphs, use of words, etc. Below are some points that will further guide you in writing an efficient federal cover letter.
FEDERAL COVER LETTER WRITING TIPS AND GUIDELINES
- Start with your federal cover letter with your personal details including full name, mailing address, phone number, and email address. Followed to this mention the date on which you are writing this letter. If you have detailed information about the concerned person, mention his/her name and job profile.
- Mention in the subject or the reason you are writing this letter. Since you are writing it for a job position, mention the exact profile you are applying for.
- Now start you letter by greeting the reader. Your first paragraph should be an introduction that should state the reason behind the letter, the position you are applying for, and how did you got to know about the job opening.
- The next paragraph or the second paragraph must include your skills and proficiencies that make you eligible for this job. Try and use prominent keywords within that particular industry to showcase your knowledge about the industry. However, make sure that you do not mention in all the skills that you have already mentioned in your resume. Keep it short yet compelling.
- If you are an experienced candidate, the third paragraph in your cover letter will mention in the details of your total experience, your current employer and the duties performed on your current job.
- You can conclude your cover letter with the fourth paragraph. Thank the reader for his/her time and consideration. Also, request for a personal interview where you can elaborate more about your eligibility for the applied position.
Hope the above federal cover letter writing tips and guidelines help you in coming up with an efficiently drafted and error free letter. The below federal cover letter sample will further clear all your doubts.
FEDERAL COVER LETTER SAMPLE
1898 Joyce Street,
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
September 26, 2014
The Federal Government
The United States of America
Subject: Application for position in Administrative/Personnel and Security Field
I am writing in reference to the advertisement published by you in the U.S. Employment Times dated September 26, 2014 for the positions in the Administrative/Personnel and Security Field. I have attached my personal resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a self-motivated and result oriented professional with 12+ years of experience within the U.S Air Force. My expertise includes foreign and domestic policies, conflict resolution, regulatory compliance, and emergency response and planning.
Currently I am working as Air Control Manager with the U.S. Department of Special Interests and liable for coordinating and implementing the air control program, provide leadership and guidance to the nine regional directors for aviation operations, serve as an authority on aspects, and more.
I look forward for an opportunity for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my eligibility for the applied position.
Thanking you for your time and consideration.
Hope the above federal cover letter sample helps you in understanding the different aspects to be included in your letter to make it all the more effective.
You Might Also Be Interested In: